Dream Dig Database

A Journal of the Forgotten Third

Sunday, January 21, 2007

SKA

Length: long
Visibility: clear
Triggers: total exhaustion

My friend from college, came over for lunch. I hadn't seen her in years (in real life too). She had gained some weight, in a healthy way. And she looked very adult. She had a cute bob cut and was wearing a delicate gold necklace with a diamond stud in her neck....it wasn't attached to the necklace. Maybe it was like a sticker. But it was big and in the hollow of her neck. She was wearing a power suit. She looked good, like a successful lawyer. But she seemed totally depressed and down.

We sat and talked for awhile in my apartment (my Japan apato). But when we got in the car, we were in Iowa (where she lives and where we went to school) We drove around, farm country all around us. I think we stopped for lunch somewhere, but that part was foggy. I didn't feel in control of driving. All of a sudden I felt drugged, like I couldn't see clearly and couldn't focus on talking and driving at the same time. So I pulled over and turned around to go home. In the car I asked about her family and she said something about her mother and advice she had just given her because of her recent break-up. What? Oh no! So this is why she was depressed. I hadn't met the boy so I didn't have much to say about the situation. But she was pretty upset so I was trying to comfort her and drive at the same time and felt even more flustered.

Finally, we got to my apartment, I think I was just gonna run in to do something quickly, but I just couldn't go back out to the car! I couldn't make myself be with her. I needed a break. That and when I walked into my apartment, I realized my computer was gone....the desk, printer, everything! It was cleared out. Then I turned around and it was in another corner of my aparment. But all of a sudden, lots of things were missing or turned around. I got really confused and upset. My friend, who had been waiting in the car came upstairs. She sat down and I was gonna make her some tea. Another friend (from high school) called on my cell phone and said wanted to talk. Ahh...I'm in the middle of figuring out who has been in my apartment and another friend in need. Eek!! Sorry...I'll call you back later. She sounded pissed. Frick!

And then my other friend was gone. Seems I can't please anyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home