Dream Dig Database

A Journal of the Forgotten Third

Sunday, November 12, 2006

LDN -NOV 12

Visibility: vivid
Length: long but segmented.
Triggers: who knows

Lots of build up -and then a big building full of people. I walked into this one warehouse-sized room and there was one of those rocking ship rides. The ship was bright red and yellow and there was only one guy on it. The ship never stopped rocking back and forth and there were no seats or straps, he was freestyling it, and when ever swung in one direction it would blatantly jerk suddenly at the apex? of the swing and the guy would get thrown of the end of the boat. But all the walls were padded and so was the floor so he never got hurt. He was tall and skinny and dressed like Willy Wonka. He'd just get back up and get on the ship again (It kinda reminded me of Tokyo Friends Park II). He was also holding a sign that had Japanese writing on it.

Next, I'm in a waiting room, waiting for my friend Mike (Thailand Mike, not China Mike) to get his teaching license approved. His name was in Romaji on a plaque at the reception desk and there were kanji characters beside it. Again, there were tons of people milling around and I had no idea where Mike was.

Then I'm in a big gym that's been separated by a mesh curtain. There are about 20 adult students on each side and once again, we're waiting for Mike to show up to start the class. I started teaching on my side, the other side just decided to follow until Mike showed up, everything they did was in exact mirror/opposition to what we were doing. What we were doing was BACKSTROKE. I was teaching swimming lessons in a gym.

Cut away to a huge fancy 80s style house, lots of dark rooms and furniture. I'm in the basement with my Aunt and her best friend Cathy whom in real life I've known since I was very young. There were flowers in the room, and I remember make-up and perfume as well, but not the reason why...then there was a Japanese woman, very high class, fancy clothes lots of make-up in the room as well. It was day time and I excused myself to use the bathroom. I went into another room in the basement where I knew there was an attached bathroom. The room was big and full of beds (this image I think came from a TV show I was watching yesterday on dorms at an English public school). There was one person sleeping in one of the beds -I think I was Cathy's boyfriend. At that point I made a note of what bed I wanted to sleep in that night.

I crept as quietly as possible to the bathroom but the door was really noisy and it would shut or lock the first time. So I had to try again and it was really loud. Once it was shut I wanted to pee as quickly as possible and get out of there, I was feeling really uneasy. The toilet was huge and I couldn't touch the floor with my feet when I sat on it. I was getting upset and I started to pee and realized that it wasn't going into the toilet bowl. I was peeing all over the floor and seat and I couldn't stop. Then the boyfriend guy came banging on the door asking me why I was taking so long and why I had made so much noise. I jumped off the toilet and started cleaning everything.

Then my grandmother (who in real life is no longer alive) opened the door and told me everything was all right and that it happens to her all the time. I finished wiping the toilet seat off which was covered in really short pubic hairs which I hadn't noticed before and went back in the the room with all the beds. It was now night time and all I could see were the outlines of sleeping bodies under the covers off all the beds. I didn't know where I was supposed to sleep and started to get upset again, so my grandmother turned on the light which woke everyone up, and I tried to explain that I had nowhere to sleep. Cathy apologized for not telling me earlier, then my aunt opened up a package of Bernard Callebaut chocolate and a little Japanese girl came over to one of the beds I was now sitting on and began eating the chocolate.

Next I'm in a car on a freeway in Tokyo with a Japanese guy who's face is kind of cat like. We're long time friends and the conversation is about relationships. I casually mention that I'm divorced and he is really surprised that I haven't told him before. We arrived at the restaurant and now the guy is my friend Craig. We go through the lobby and a long corridor arm in arm, we pass by his older brother Ross and enter a huge plus dining hall. The tables are all small and round, but the seats are plush green lazy-boy corner sofas. I noticed that I know a lot of people in the room, including the rest of Craig's family. I also see Ross and his dad sit down at another table and start having a intense but very private discussion. Craig and I sit down and recline the chairs. My legs stick out way past the foot rest and we realize we can't reach the tables in this position.

Then I woke up.

The end.

3 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Matthew R. Loney said...

Thanks for sharing that!

See, everyone has weird dreams that obviously you can`t help. I`m trying to convince Sista K to share that Madonna dream.

Sure you didn`t wet the bed, though?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Kirsten said...

The Madonna dream was pretty great! Maybe save that for a night of drinkin' under a kotatsu, in....yudanaka!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Linea said...

that one was mild compared to my Sean Penn dream...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home