Dream Dig Database

A Journal of the Forgotten Third

Saturday, November 04, 2006

LDN

Visibility: vivid
Length: short and disturbing
Triggers: Japanese news, my brother's sappy e-mails

I'm on a wide gravel river bank with a group of unidentifiable people (that I know). 25m up stream is a short waterfall with large boulders underneath being pounded by the water (we're at the bottom not the top). It's a shallow river but the water is running really fast and I can see people, including my brother standing up near the lip of the drop off (in the water). Someone has asked me what I was doing up there (I have just returned, wet and cold from the edge of the drop off). I said we were pretending to commit suicide, but we weren't really doing it...

Then all of a sudden, my brother (who is extremely tanned -alomost a golden color and wearing only a swim suit) jumps from where he was standing (the point where the water goes over the edge) and flails himself directly onto the rocks. Immediately he's dashed against the boulders and I can see every bone in his body break and he instantly goes limp like a rag doll. I start to run to the river's edge to catch him but I can't run fast. The whole time I'm struggling to get to the water all my first aid knowledge is running through my head.

The stress was too much, so I woke myself up before I got to the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home