Dream Dig Database

A Journal of the Forgotten Third

Sunday, April 08, 2007

LDN

I've had really intense dreams lately.

Earlier this week I dreamed that a friend of mine who died in a motorcycle accident 4 years ago was actually alive.

Last night I dreamed about family friends that I haven't seen or heard of in years. The husband was telling me about how his wife gave birth to twin sons (the actually have 2 daughters around my age), and that they were both over 10lbs, and how proud he was of his wife for going through that. I then flashed to scenes where two people very close to me were being told that they had miscarried twins, and then all of a sudden, I was in a tiny emergency room being told that I two was miscarrying twins.

Then it was back to the couple -we were all in some kind of resort. We were on a patio deck at night talking about the husband's book that he had written that was to become a movie. His 3 sons had also written books and we were discussing them. Then it came time to go our separate ways and I finally gave the husband a gift that I had been carrying around with me the whole time. It was supposed to be a sumo doll, but when he opened the box it contained two two-headed dolls -one fair skinned and one dark skinned - and then both had labels on their bellies that said they were made in Grande Prairie.

The couple asked me how long I was going to stay in my job overseas and I said I didn't know, but that I really enjoyed working in Cuba...that's when I realized that yes, I was working in Cuba, not Japan.

We parted ways and after, I discovered that the husband left me a fish tank full of colorful foil-wrapped chocolate eggs and a message. I pulled the message out of the tank and it was a booklet made of yellow construction paper, bound with string. It contained children's drawings and very long and very short messages. When I tried to read the messages the pages would fold over and re-open on a new page. Then it became two booklets, one from the wife, one from the husband.

Then I started to wake up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home